Last weekend, Tim and I braved the 100℉ weather and ventured out to Oregon City for the Lavender Festival at the Oregon Lavender Farm. With views of Mount Hood and bright purple lavender all around us, it was so, so beautiful. Not to mention the scent! Imagine taking a luxurious lavender-soaked bath - that's what the fragrance was like walking through the fields.
While wandering the farm listening to the awesome local bands, I sipped on lavender lemonade, which is probably the most refreshing drink I've ever had - yes, it was really that good. I mean, just look at the photo from my Instagram! The festival also hosted vendors - everything from handmade rugs, jewelry, and artwork to candles and natural beauty products. There was lavender wreath making and a distillation demonstration, which was so interesting! I've read about the process, but I've never seen it in person.
Tim and I also enjoyed lavender beer and lavender cider - serious yum. And on our way out we picked up a Killa Dilla, a quesadilla larger than our faces, to share 😋 It was absolutely delicious. We ordered the "basic dilla," which comes with mozzarella, cabbage, marinated red onions, and a "secret tangy dressing," and we added grilled veggies. Holy moly, you guys. I can't do its tastiness justice.
As the title of this blog post suggests, I use lavender constantly, so I thought I'd share how I work it into my daily and weekly routine.
My favorite ways to use lavender essential oil:
- Combine your favorite non-scented, natural lotion with one drop of lavender to moisturize and treat yourself to a little at-home spa experience 💜
- Put one drop into your mascara bottle to support strong, healthy lashes 💜
- Diffuse 3-4 drops at night to aid sound sleeping or make a pillow spray with it for the same benefits 💜
- Add 2-3 drops to your laundry detergent, especially when washing sheets or towels 💜
- Add 3 drops to your wool dryer balls when drying laundry 💜
- Use a roller bottle to experience lavender's calming properties on-the-go 💜
Do you love lavender essential oil? What are your favorite ways to use it?